Saturday, January 10, 2009

Enjoying The Season…..

I have a brother that lives in Nashville. One of the reasons he moved there is because he and his wife hate the winters here. I have a niece in Florida and one in North Carolina. One of my best friends lives in Florida too. It is interesting to talk to each of these folks who all came from Maine. As much as I am reminded by the warm weather they all are experiencing, I would not leave Maine to live anywhere else….ever! Well….ever is a long time but I do enjoy all the seasons. I have grown up in a state that gives me four beautiful seasons. People come from out of state and pay money to see my favorite season here, which is the fall. The trees are so colorful that when viewed by the human eye it appears to be a master painting! The master is this case would be God. He sure knows how to paint! Spring is all about melting and mud and wonderful new beginnings….trees budding….grass turning green….it’s fantastic. Summer of course is fabulous here but somewhat short lived. That is the time that I plant a big garden and watch in wonder, as my new seeds of choice for the season grow into great big vegetables, that we can eat and share with family and friends. And then, there is winter….and I love winter too. This is a time to reflect on the past year. This is a time to get things done inside the house that we have been putting off. Time to read a good book….connect with others on the computer….start a blog?….map out your garden and buy your seeds…lose a little weight for the upcoming hot summer days…and just enjoy the peace and serenity of winter days. I cannot imagine the holidays without snow! I wanted to take a minute to thank Woody and Alice and my husband and Christer for their wonderful comments in my blog! I am trying to encourage my cousin who lives on an island in Casco Bay, here in Maine, to start a blog! She is a very talented artist and poet and writer and sculptor as is our own Alice Mary too! Ok ladies….get on board! If I can do it, so can you! I challenge both of you! See you in the blog world……

3 comments:

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

We used to have four seasons here too, but now it seemes to have changed a bit. I live in southern Sweden and the winters nowdays more looks lika autumn without the beautiful coloured leafs on the trees. Last year winter didn´t arrive until Mars.
But I do love all seasons even if I don´t like it when the roads are slippery in winter :-)
Have a nice day!
Christer.

Anonymous said...

Ahh Deb you are a girl for all seasons good for you. And good blogging you spin a fine tale.Good luck on your recruiting campaign Alice and Margaret would both be great additions to the blogging world.

Anonymous said...

You've written me many emails, each one I delighted in reading but reading your blogs has given me a new, and amplified, appreciation of your writings. I am so impressed and proud of you - my much loved daughter-in-law. God is so all knowing and faihful!
Yes, so much to be grateful for.
Will I become a blogger? Trust me to venture there as I'm getting closer to doing so.
Could I be with better company than BeanBlogger, Christer, Bob and you and with more interesting mentors?
Be well and safe ... AliceMary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...