Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Rain Falls Mainely On Blueberry Plains

                     image    

 

    Dylan....Hard Rain     A young Bob Dylan plays about what Maine is experiencing here in Maine. It is getting to the point of being ridiculous now. It has been two weeks or MORE with no end in sight….Rain….Rain….and more RAIN! I am not really sure if I remember what the sun looks like. Some days I feel like I am in a movie and the crew is going to shut off the rain machine at any time. It is not only effecting our crops that we grow here in Maine but the businesses as well. Who wants to buy ice cream when it is raining? Of course golfing is no fun in the rain! Campers at our local camp grounds are staying inside their tents and cabins. Outdoor events are being taken inside. We did manage to get one or two days of “dry” weather, long enough to mow our grass….thank God…because with all that RAIN, it sure did grow a lot!

   What’s going on in Maine? Is there a constant dark cloud that hovers over us and refuses to leave? Is it the largest and slowest stalled out weather front we have ever seen? Has someone cursed our beautiful state and made us the recipients of constantly dripping days and nights? What’s up? I’ll tell you what’s up!….cloudy…gloomy looking skies….that’s what’s up! We are ALL sick of it. Enough already! I can’t tell you the last time I watered my garden….there’s NO NEED TO….the RAIN takes care of that!! Those strange mushrooms are growing again this year because it is so WET!! Even the birds are sick of it and so is my cat Baby and my dog Obie. We need our big orange/red/yellow ball back….right now!!

image I will never take you for granted again….I promise! Even if you are hot and annoying at times, I promise I will keep my mouth shut about it….really I mean it this time! Just come on back….we miss your bright, glowing face.

   I just came back in from my garden, and believe it or not it seems to be doing alright. My tomatoes are growing like weeds. The corn is getting taller and the sunflowers are as well. The pepper plants have chew marks on them. The green beans are better and the ugly bugs have disappeared in the rain. I hope they don’t come back with our red ball (if it ever comes back) and start chewing again. The grass has grown probably 3 inches in just a couple of days.

   There are a few pluses to getting this much rain. I don’t think ANYONE’S well will go dry this summer! Everything is green….green….green! My husband reseeded some large patches of our lawn that had gone bald and they are very green. The patio furniture stays clean and so do the cars. It keeps the black flies down and the June Bugs have not emerged yet….they are too busy drowning in the soil! The giant moths that come out at night when the outside light is on are gone! You KNOW how much I love those bugs! :)  So…pray for the warmth of the sun to come back to Maine…..purty please……thanks girls!!

   I hope to be all warm and fuzzy next time I write in this blog and I am hoping it will be from my good friend….Mr. Sun. image image

 

 image

   Meanwhile……my mantra….my chant….my daily prayer will include our wonderful sun. Maybe if I say enough nice things about it, we will see it again. Here’s hoping…..

 

 

 

image

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup by the old dingy you are rite bout that rain glug glug. Its even got me talkin like a frog.

Dawn said...

I just mentioned I was turning fungus waiting for the ark to swing by any minute, 2 by 2....
Some of the growth in my garden is turning yellow from lack of sun, but your right, we seeded in front of the veggie bed, Yep, doing wonderfully! I will pick up my award on thurs., I have a few peeps that deserve it. Here, here to drier days!

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie! Oh, honey, just send some of that rain my way! It's so hot and we could use some rain. But then it would be so much more humid! :)
Thank you again for the award. I posted about it today!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Toooo funny! The sun has 36 days to come out and make everything beautiful. We leave on the 6th! I cannot wait to get there. I think 36 day is enough time, don't you? :)
I am counting on your mantra! :)

Anonymous said...

Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
The rain makes running pools in the gutter
The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
It is good to love the rain.
It will not last ...
Author unknown
Love, GeeGee

Elenka said...

sob sob sob sob
sniff
Hey Debbie....in one month, when we have a heat wave for 3 days, and I don't know about you, but I don't have an airconditioner, we'll probably be complaining about that!
We'll have to remember THESE days...

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/logo.png[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - שלווה, [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] מרווחים, אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנו מציעים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים גם יש במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]סעודות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם!

לפרטים נוספים אנא גשו לאתר האינטרנט שלנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...