Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Special Prayers Please…..

May 3, 2010….   My brother Art & his wife live in Nashville, Tennessee and are in the middle of this terrible flood disaster. My two nephews live there as well. They have all been affected by it. My brother lost everything that was on the floor in his house. His back yard has a creek and that creek rose up high enough to reach the his barn and then to higher ground and into his house. Here’s a you-tube of what Tennessee is dealing with.

I feel so terrible for them all. Please…we could use your prayers right now for Art and Amy and my nephews Joe and Adam and wife Carey. I will update you when I can. We have not been able to talk directly to them. They have left photos on Facebook and I hear from their daughter, my niece Rachel, in Florida,  with updates.

   Poor Obie is still not well. Tomorrow he goes to the vet to have a blood glucose curve done. They take blood several times during the day to see what’s happening. More on that later…

   May 4, 2010….I talked with my brother this morning for the first time. It’s worse than I thought. The entire 2400 square foot house has at least 6 inches of water in it. All of the floors and most of the furniture have to be replaced as well as sills and walls. It has to be gutted. Their barn down back had 5 feet of water and he lost most everything in that….power tools, anything he had in storage including family memorabilia. He sounds lost and kind of angry but at the same time grateful they are still alive. They are staying with friends on higher ground and the dogs are sleeping in the car and are constantly on leashes and confused and want to go home. My brother and his wife are homeless as a result of these floods. It’s just as simple as that. I am planning a fund raiser for them along with family and friends. More on that at another time. They had flood insurance but it does not cover everything.

   Update on Obie…..after talking with the vet we decided against the glucose curve. He is on a new medication for 14 days and already there is an improvement!! He is doing good!!

   Less than two weeks ago my brother in law had a stroke. He is only 50 years old but is doing ok and home. Thursday and Friday, my husband is going to have a nuclear stress test to see if he might have coronary heart disease. We are hoping he does not! So…..we need a break here folks….your prayers are surely needed….thanks and I will be back with hopefully good news next time I write…..

DSC04425

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh Debbie, my heart goes put to you and your famiy. I think the bomb attempt in NYC has taken the majority of the news, and the devastation in Tenn is not getting the coverage it should. Your brother must be so discouraged. I hope your husband tests bgo well. And I hope this new med will be just the thing little Obie needs. All will be in my prayers. Keep us updated. Luv and hugs, Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Debbie! I'm so sorry to hear about your family and the terrible flooding! Yes, they will definitely be in my prayers! Praying your husband's test will go well.
And little Obie, poor little thing! I'm glad his new meds seem to be helping him.
Debbie, I'm praying for you too, Dear One, for peace during this stressful time. Take care of yourself.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Evansmom said...

Positive thoughts being sent your way!

Unknown said...

So sorry for your family and others in Tennessee who are so devasted by the flood!

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hi Debbie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and his family. It's so hard to go through. My brother was hit with 5 huricanes in Florida one year and his house got flood out twice. He was lucky he had flood insurance because he now has a practically new house. Hopefully, your brother will, too. Holding him and all the people affected by flooding up in prayer.
Patricia
Ps: Thank you for entering my giveaway. I hope we get a chance to get to know each other.

Dawn said...

Hi Debbie, I'm finally here!
Sorry about your brother, my sister was saved but Skeeter's family was displaced and she is away from blogging for awhile. It is awful about how many people are affected, mother nature's wrath we know it well.
Good luck with hubby's testing and I'm glad to hear Obie is better. My fire alarm was chirping early this am and Tartartus got under the bed to get away from it and got stuck! Poor guy was shaking all over, he barks at the alarm, what!?! He's OK now but, geez.... alittle chirp...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...