Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hoping For Laid Back Easter….

I really don’t care for peeps too much but these look delicious to me….must be the colors? All lined up nice and neat and posing for the camera!! Smile

I cannot get the font to work right so whatever this plain font is, will have to do. This is the first year in many, many years, that we will not have a full house for Easter, and that’s ok. We always have the entire family or we go to their place.  My son,  who moved to Portland about a year ago (for good this time!) will be here. He will be bringing his new girlfriend of almost 3 weeks, Meaghan, with him and her 8 year old daughter Kaylin….I am not sure how to spell that? She is not completely new to our family. She and Kyle grew up together. They both had crushes on each other all these years but never said anything! How cute huh?  They will be picking up my daughter Carissa and my grand dog Piper and then making the rounds. After they drop my daughter off here, Kyle and Meaghan will go to her family’s home up the road for dinner. Back here for dessert and games and fun and then off to Kyle and Carissa’s dad’s house in Yarmouth. That will be a full day for the kids. I’ll get some photos to share with you. Kyle tells me she’s beautiful. I haven’t seen her in years but I am sure she is. It’s a good feeling knowing your kids are happy. On the other hand, my daughter just broke up with her boyfriend Seth.

photoThis is a photo of (oh NOW the font wants to work??) oh well….what I was saying was…here is a photo of Seth above left, my brother Art  in center who (lives in Nashville) and my daughter Carissa on the right. Kind of a cool dude….got the dreads and the Bob Marley thing going on but I knew he wasn’t for her. So….we’ll see what happens next. Honestly I hope she meets her life partner soon! She never reads this so don’t worry! What do you do with all those old photos of the boyfriends?? You all have a wonderful Easter and I will see you back here after the holiday. God bless……

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My younges son divorced his wife of 10 years two years ago. I had to put photos away in a drawer. Now he is engaged and plans to marry in May of 2013. His fiance is a lovely person, so I hope this works out.

Jean Merriman said...

Good for your son Debbie. Hope all works out well. One of my granddaughters had never married and was closing in on the big 30 and she reconnected with the first boy she ever kissed, way back in gradeschool. They are now very happy, married and have a 4 month old precious baby girl. Ya just never know what God has in store for us. Hope you all had a great day. We did!! I am still stuffed I think. That being said I managed to eat some leftovers a few hours ago. Teehee.

Debbie said...

Eva....I am glad I am not the only one. It's very hard...you get to know someone and consider them family...then they are gone! I guess It's really none of my business though.
Jean...Great story....hope it works out! Oh....we are still eating ham from Easter!! Glad Dawn is back!!

vesselsmemories said...

Nice blog/nice stories! Sounds like you had a very happy Easter :) And, we're still eating ham, too! But I think it's time to cut the rest up and make some ham and bean soup...yummy!

Anonymous said...

After I met my daughters previous boyfriend he invited me to become his Facebook friend. They broke up just over a year ago but I am still his friend; he's a lovely young man, was very kind to her when her father died. Her new boyfriend is very nice too but I'm glad that Ed and I are still comfortable enough to be friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...