Wednesday, March 13, 2013

That Crooked House….

My friend Jane and I were emailing each other recently and discussing this and that when I mentioned something about the Crooked House in Raymond, Maine. She had no idea what I was talking about and why would she???…she lives in England!! There is a company in that town that makes Crooked play houses for kids and more. Here’s an example of one….They made this one for the television show Extreme Makeover Home Edition. And this one is a double sized…..

Aren’t they just adorable? Here is a link to their website and to their story of why they started building them………….. Crooked Houses ……………

I am lucky enough to live close by the original place where all this started. Out front is a long crooked house by the road painted in bright colors. It always catches my eye. Next time I go by I will grab a photo of it. Did any of you know about the crooked houses in Maine?PlayhousesI wish I could afford a Crooked House potting shed! Now that would just be a dream come true. I also have a fascination with golf carts. Ever since my cousin Margaret, who lives on Peaks Island, picked me up at the ferry boat on one. Here’s a photo of it….slow poke on the fourth of July a few years ago. It’s called the Slow Poke….that’s on the license plate. Usually it’s dressed up much nicer with a lovely colorful canopy on the roof. Everyone on the island has one or two and they drive them legally all over….especially during the fourth of July parade….they dress them up like this…peaks parade 3and this…..peaks parade2 Oh God it’s a lot of fun being over there on the fourth! So….my dream is to have a Crooked House Potting Shed that is also big enough to house my Golf Cart, that I would name Slow Poke 2 in memory of my cousin. Hey….a girl can dream can’t she?

7 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

oh wow...these are great. i am heading over there to check these out now!

Unknown said...

I didn't know about that place in Raymond. I need to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Delighted to see I'm not the only one!

Beansieleigh said...

So CUTE!!.. And first I've heard of these crooked houses! I'd like one dollhouse sized! ~tina

vesselsmemories said...

Hope all is ok with you Debbie, and that you're having a great summer.
Dawn
@ A Place for Pictures and Memories

Infoholic Research said...

Wow! I loved these crooked houses. They are so beautiful.

Infoholic Research said...

Very nice post. The pictures are really very nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...